Monday 12 August 2013

Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Lipsticks

I couldn't leave Boots the other day without picking up one of Bourjois's newest lip products, one of the Colour Boost lipsticks (well, they're actually lip crayons). I'd heard a few people raving about them and for £7.99 I thought why not give it a go. They claim to stay on the lips for 10 hours so I was intrigued to give it a go. I chose the shade Red Sunrise because quite frankly I've been obsessed with red lips lately :)
 
 
 
 
Well, what a gorgeous little product! First of all its glossy which I love. Don't get me wrong a matte red lip can be beautiful but for day time wear I like something shiny and moisturising. Red Sunrise is very heavily pigmented which is another bonus and it stays on FOREVER! Ok, maybe not forever, but 5 hours, 2 drinks and a lunch later and that bad boy was still on my lips.
 

 
 
So after wearing this to death for 3 days, I decided to swing by Superdrug on Saturday and pick up another shade. This time I went with Orange Punch, the coral shade in the range. They also have a light pink and a fuchsia. Anyway, I couldn't wait to try it so as soon as I got in the car I slapped it on and looked in the mirror. Hmm. It's definitely coral, although the photo below doesn't really do it justice. It's certainly glossy, but it's not as pigmented as Red Sunrise. In fact it's nowhere near as pigmented, which to be honest left me feeling a bit deflated. Don't get me wrong, I'll still use it but only if I want a very subtle orange lip. I actually did recommend this one to a friend today who asked for a good coral lip product, she's new to the shade and didn't want anything too daring so this would be perfect for her, but personally I was expecting much better colour payoff.
 

 
 
Orange Punch didn't last long on my lips, 5 hours and a Starbucks later and it had completely vanished. Hence why I haven't bothered to show you an 'after' photo because there simply wasn't anything to show you.
 
I'm definitely keen to try the other shades for extra comparisons but Red Sunrise is the winner so far. If you want a subtle day time coral then go for Orange Punch but be warned, if it's a statement lip you're after, this won't be for you. 

5 comments:

  1. I love these and have them all, they are such pretty colours and do last really well on me x

    liza
    glambeautys.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame the coral didn't last well on me :( x

      Delete
  2. I want to try more of these, i have Orange Punch' and it doesnt last long on me either, but i really like it so im not too bothered about reapplying!

    I love the look of Red Sunrise too!

    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it's not just me then! I know what you mean I really like the colour too just wish it was a bit more pigmented x

      Delete
  3. I really like these and I love the shade of orange punch xx


    Beautyqueenuk

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS