Monday 9 September 2013

New Bourjois Lipsticks

Hi lovelies, I hope you're having a fab start to the week! I'm trying to learn the art of balancing college with being a mummy and it's proving to be a challenge, but I'm sure I'll get into a settled routine soon :) Anyway onto the good stuff!
 
I took a little trip to Boots on Saturday and I have to admit I've been avoiding that place for a good few weeks. Not because I dislike it, quite the opposite. It's probably one of my favourite places on earth and I've been known to spend an absolute fortune in there on occasion... oops! Goes hand in hand with being a beauty blogger I suppose. So anyway, I decided that as a treat for avoiding it for so long I'd allow myself a few little beauty goodies :) it was also a little treat to myself for getting through my first week at college. So, one of the first things I was on the look out for was a new Bourjois lipstick. Bourjois on a whole have been my favourite drug store brand this year without a doubt. They've had so many brilliant new releases and their product quality never falters! Boots also have a 'buy 1 get 1 half price' offer on at the moment so I ended up with 2 gorgeous lipsticks. I decided to pick up one of their lipsticks from the Rouge Shine Edition range as after swatching I realised the formula was quite similar to that of their Colour Boost lipsticks which you can read about here. I went for Famous Fuschia as I wanted a new pink to try. And what a gorgeous pink it is!
 
 
 
 
The formula (as the name suggests) is super glossy or 'shiny' but it's also really opaque. Bourjois are seriously impressing me with their glossy lip products of late! It's quite a bright pink but definitely wearable during the day, I actually wore this to college today. There's no shimmer in this one and the staying power is decent. I touched up probably every 3-4 hours at which point there was a very slight stain of pink on my lips.
 
The next lipstick I snapped up was Violine Stras from the regular Rouge Edition range. I'm seriously excited to share this one with you because I think I've found a spot on dupe for a very popular MAC lipstick! If you follow me on twitter, you'll know I've been rambling on about trying MAC's Rebel for autumn/winter and although I didn't realise it until I got home and started properly swatching, this little beauty is an almost exact match to Rebel! Now I don't own Rebel but I trawled through a ton of swatches on line and compared them to Violine Stras and I'm sure they're almost dead on! Please let me know your thoughts on this if you have Rebel :) Anyway, this one isn't glossy like the first lipstick, I'd say it's more of a satin finish but its a deep plum which also has very slight flecks of gold in it which I think will look beautiful for the upcoming colder months. I haven't worn this for very long so I can't comment on the staying power but after one swipe, it's extremely opaque so the pigmentation is great.
 
 
 


 
 
 
These retail for £7.99 each but with the Boots offer I got one for half price :)
 
 
Bourjois Rouge Shine Edition - Link.
 
Bourjois Rouge Edition - Link.
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. I can only ever find the first one of the two you posted in my local Boots xx

    lots of love Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these shades so gorgeous!

    Liza | Glambeautys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I'm really loving Bourjois at the min x

      Delete
  3. I have been absolutely dying to try Bourjois. These look phenomenal.

    New follower :)
    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Maya!

      I really recommend giving Bourjois a go, they've been seriously impressive this year xx

      Delete
  4. Ooh these two colours look lovely! :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS